Sunday, September 7, 2008

So unorganized!!!

I've really got to get this under control. We've been doing school , but very haphazardly. I keep trying to tell myself that its ok, but I know better. There has to be some kind of structure.

Next week we'll finally be finishing the seven days of creation(it only took us a month and a half) and we'll be starting on dinosaurs, which we have a lapbook for. Maybe this will help give me some of the "structure" I know we need. Honestly though, I think I'm going to have to break down and make a tinitive schedule for each week. Uhgg! I don't know why this is so hard for me. I guess it's b/c it requires planning in ahead.

Concerned friends and family : don't freak out! I'm just like this. Heavenly Father knows how stubburn I am, and how I refuse to change until I am practically forced to. So be glad that I'm finally being forced into learning how to organize my time. I love my children and I'll do what's best for them, no matter how agonizing it will be for ME! Sniff Sniff! Just trying to get alittle sympathy here! Because I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles with this. Self- justification niiice...it's funny how we get defensive, even by our own words! LOL

I'm making a promise. I will try (No! No loop holes to wiggle out of) I will make a weekly schedule from now on. THERE, now it's out there and I can't take it back.

Well, thanks for the therapy, just send me the bill. Really I'm good for it! Haben

3 comments:

Groverskate said...

I just started with homeschooling too this year and I can rememeber thinking, I can't do this. But with alot of prayer it has becomed easy and fun. Julianne is such a smarty that when its school time she calls me Mrs. Teacher. Fine with me. You can do this girly!

Haben said...

Thanks for the encouragement! Ahh yes, prayer, that's what I've been forgetting to do!!! Good thing I don't have to be reminded to breath too. LOL love, Haben

Alison Kerr said...

Organization - some people have it and some don't. If you don't just keep learning a little each day. By the time they get to high school and you know you need to be on track you'll have figured it out.

Enjoy the adventure!