Thursday, October 1, 2009

Asking for Help

This is an on going struggle for me. It is so funny to me that I am 30 something years old and I am just now learning things about myself. I blame homeschooling for this. I guess I was just in denial before? Who knows.

Any ways, asking for help is extremely hard for me! I guess I'm afraid that people will tell me "No", or that they will think that I can't handle things.

But I've noticed that when I do ask, I have been blessed with the help that I need. Gives new meaning to the scriptures, "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matt. 7:7 and D.C. 4:7.

So why is it so hard to ask for help? If anyone were to come up to you for help, you would give it if you could, right? Well than what is the difference?

A friend of mine once said that by not asking I am robbing others the blessings of saying yes. Never thought of it like that before!!!

Heavenly Father, I know that we are not meant to journey on this Earth alone, so please help me to put my pride aside and ask for help when I need it.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I know how you feel. I don't want to inconvenience anyone, or admit I need help, or I feel like I should be able to figure it out on my own, and on and on and on. . . .